View Single Post
Old 10-30-2015, 07:01 PM   #2263 (permalink)
e*clipse
Permanent Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
Looks good! You can actually still use the PGD & PGC for the programmer AND for the analog inputs, and still not lose your debugging ability. You just tie PGD to EMUDx and PGC to EMUCx (for any x that is convenient). EMUD and EMUC are alternate debugging pins. So, you would include a toggle switch. You switch it to state A to program it, then switch it to state B to either debug the program, or just run the program like normal, using those pins as analog. I'm doing that this time with a project for my job.
Thank you very much!

Originally I was thinking about using the EMUD1 and EMUC1 pins 59,60 in the upper right corner for this purpose. It just seemed easier for all the debugging/programming you're doing to not mess with switching back and forth.

I'll leave pin 59 and 60 open for this purpose if two more analog inputs are absolutely necessary.

I'm also trying to leave pins open in various places so this design can evolve easily. For example, pins 6 and 7 have a CNx option, so if future fault interrupts or clearing capability is needed it can be added no problem.

Could you post a list of stuff you'd like to add? It would help make to sure I leave pins open for it.

- E*clipse
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to e*clipse For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (10-30-2015), thingstodo (10-31-2015)