View Single Post
Old 10-30-2015, 07:55 PM   #327 (permalink)
jedi_sol
Master EcoModder

2013 STi *SOLD* - '13 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Subaru
Sports Cars
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 26.59 mpg (US)

1996 Geo Metro *RETIRED from Ecomodding* - '96 Geo Metro Base
90 day: 58.68 mpg (US)
I'm back from the dead! Made it out of "2nd" tax season alive! Probably going to put ecomodding the STi on the back burner for now. 100 mile daily commute has really racked up the miles so my manufacturer warranty (3 years/36K) is about to run out. The car has 35K miles, but still 8 months to go until i hit 3 years. I want to try to milk as much of the warranty as I can.

So it's back to taking the train to work. I'll only use the Sti for "around town" trips, which will decrease it's MPG significantly.

On a side note, took the Sti in to the dealership for Check Engine light...secondary air valve, has to do with lowering emissions on cold start up. I wonder if 30K miles of EOC-ing caused this? Perhaps constant EOC-ing does not allow the engine/cat to reach full operating temperature? So perhaps I overworked the "secondary air valve" system?

Luckily it's still covered under the warranty. Dealership gave me a Chrysler 200 for a loaner. I achieved 43mpg @70mph on the commute to work. The best I could muster up on the Sti was 35mpg @55mph. Are the Eco-Gods trying to tell me something ?!?

See the rest of the Sti project log:
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...log-26612.html
The Following User Says Thank You to jedi_sol For This Useful Post:
pgfpro (10-30-2015)