View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 07:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
1carnut
EcoModding Lurker

Sparky - '07 Toyota Prius Base

Voltage_kwh - '18 Chevy Volt LT
90 day: 151.04 mpg (US)

Voltage_gas - '18 Chevy Volt LT
90 day: 43.38 mpg (US)
Need some insight on an Insight (just bought, IMA light came on, various codes)

I just bought a 2000 Insight with 183k miles. On the test drive it just had a check engine light which when I pulled the code appeared to be just an O2 sensor or something along that line. It drove pretty well and the Auto Stop was functioning. The charge/assist was working and the pack seemed to be charging correctly. I went ahead and purchased the car and fast forward about 10 miles into my trip home and the IMA light came on . The dealer was not willing to take the car back or work with me whatsoever. No big surprise. Before the IMA light came on, I was going up a decent hill so the Assist was on for a bit of time. Seems like as soon as the charge was exhausted, the IMA light appeared. Now I have the following codes:
P1162 - Powertrain
P0134 - O2 Sensor
P1449 - Powertrain
I am really hoping someone with some knowledge of these cars could spend a bit of time with me helping me figure out what all I need and what the best course of action is. From the reading I have done so far, I'm pretty sure I will need a grid charger to start. I'm not sure where to begin. Any and all help appreciated. I'm NE of Cincinnati and willing to travel to meet someone willing to go over this thing with me. Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus, Indy or possibly farther.