View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 12:55 PM   #2330 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
I'm done with adding a datastream
Great news!

Quote:
I could change it to fit the rtd format, but that format isn't well suited to the 3 phase variables. The format is:
char RTDataString[] = "TR=xxx CR=xxx CF=xxx PW=xxx HS=xxxx RT=xxxx FB=xx BA=xxx AH=xxx.x\r\n";

Throttle, current reference, current feedback, pulse width, heatspreader temp, raw throttle, fault bits, battery amps, and amp hours.

I'm more inclined to do something like this for the output of the datastream:

The following variables are being streamed:
variable_1 variable_2 variable_3 variable_4
xxx xxx xxx xxx<cr/lf>
xxx xxx xxx xxx<cr/lf>
xxx xxx xxx xxx<cr/lf>
xxx xxx xxx xxx<cr/lf>
xxx xxx xxx xxx<cr/lf>
xxx xxx xxx xxx<cr/lf>
xxx xxx xxx xxx<cr/lf>
xxx xxx xxx xxx<cr/lf>

That way, when the data is outputted to excel, the top row would be the variable names
That sounds like a very clear and simple method. It's not quite a CSV file, but the only thing you give up is no embedded spaces in the variable names. That's OK with me

Looking forward to receiving the new firmware.

I bought a couple of 10-turn 5K pots to use for 'bench throttles' ... and PUT THEM AWAY somewhere! I guess what's obvious one day is a mystery the next. When I find them, I'll get them mounted and put into use. But for now my throttle is still DOA.

If I can't locate them by tomorrow, I'll go and buy 2 more. SIGH! I HATE getting OLD!

I have a small circuit that has resistors 'before' and 'after' the 5K pot to give the controller a 0.5V - 4.5V 'hall effect' signal. All of the hall effect sensors that I could find have a max 270 degree range. If someone has a line on a multi-turn version - I'm interested!