View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 12:20 AM   #156 (permalink)
Red
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonmike View Post
Red, your explanations are wonderful! Keep going with your posts.

I also bought a 2000 red insight from my friend. The car did not run for the past 3 years! It have only 55K. It was wet under the floor mats. They replace the windshield and did not put all the clips on the roof moldings. It was leaking by the missing clips holes.

Last weekend I try to start it. I have change the oil, and remove the interior to clean mats ans seats.

I had a problem. The ECU is not recognising the keys anymore. I bought the shop manual. I think it is related to the ground on the engine. Since the car is at my cottage I have to wait for the next weekend to do further test. I will also replace the 2 ground wires, even If they look ok. The starter is also intermittent, and sometimes the relay is buzzing.

When I removed the seats I broke 3 bolts. I will have to re-tap holes.

I will change brakes next weekend, and reassemble the inside.

Here are some pictures.
Very clean little guy you got there talonmike! Congrats on the find.

Is it totally not recognizing the key? If it engages the starter or the IMA motor than its authenticating the key OK. Sounds like your grounds are shot and probably the 12v battery could do with a charge or replacement.

Yeah if it starts intermittantly or just buzzes your 12v is dead. Depending how dead a recharge could be enough or you'll need to replace it.

Tried drilling the old bolts out? Mine were a pain in the arse, I soaked mine in penetrating lube first which seemed to have helped.

Tourigjm, I might have to sell mine, need funds for school......