View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 01:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
trikkonceptz
Legend in my own mind

Evil Pumpkin - '08 Scion xD RS 1.0 #1633
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Silent Silver Killer - '10 Honda Insight EX
90 day: 51.5 mpg (US)
2006 F-250 4wd Auto Diesel ... Ecomodded ?

I figured that would get your attention ... LOL

Anywho, my brother owns the truck thats listed in the title, and the other night I went over his house and as soon as him and his friends saw my Vibe, Well .... the flaming began. So in order to defend my self amongst all the Cuban Hillbillies, I posed a hefty challenge with an expensive dinner attached to it.

I told my brother and friends that using nothing more than his truck (stock), that I could beat the pants off all of their F Series trucks in FE. Well the bet was on and they got on the phone to call one of their fathers who has a 2wd F-250 diesel and claims to get 19mpg with the chip he installed.

He showed up and after laughing at my Vibe showed me his FE meter which said he was averaging 18.7mpg, not to shabby of a diesel 2wd. Well it was my turn to put money where mouth was and to insure I wouldn't cheat I brought my brother along as a witness.

I took his monster truck out for a spin in the city. Mind you it was 9pm by this time so traffic was light. And I did the following;

15 mile course .. LOL
-Left front windows down
-Neutral coasted to lights
-Shut engine off at complete stop (people thought the truck was breaking down because of the noise it didn't make when approaching .. LOL)
-Never accelerated above 1800rpm
-Set cruise control @ 37mph, which was the lowest rpm in the highest gear for that beast.

Final numbers at the end of the run ....

23.2 MPG !!!!!

Boy am i going to enjoy my dinner @ Shula's Steakhouse. Seriously though I was impressed by the numbers as well considering what this is ... From all this, my brother is changing his ways and reports his meter is reading numbers above 11mpg for the first time since he's owned the truck ....

Educating geniuses one tank at a time ...

I am a precisional instrument of speed and aeromatics
If your knees bent in the opposite direction......what would a chair look like???