View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 09:55 AM   #33 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
Overall, it's a very likable car.

Liking the iMiEV

The car is actually in the shop right now. There were a couple of open recalls on it that I wanted to take care of. Unfortunately, that work can only be done at "iMiEV Authorized" Mitsubishi dealers. The nearest one is 70 miles away. The 3-year, 36,000 mile warranty is also up in about two months, so I figured I wanted to get it in before then.

It was an adventure getting the car to the dealer. Public EV chargers are great.... when they work!
iMiEV: Recalls, Chargers, and an Electric Blanket

My only real complaint about the car is how much power the heater sucks. When I turn the heat on, the Range Remaining indicator drops by at least 1/4.
Seeing as how it's already a pretty short range car, that can be a big deal, depending on what your range needs are. Doing a long trip in the winter can be challenging.

The tablet that I bought for the CanIon app didn't work. The only requirement listed for the software was "Android operating system". I bought an inexpensive tablet (RCA 7 inch) and it was completely incompatible. Simply couldn't load the software from Google Store. I even tried to "root" the tablet, which was ALSO not able to be done. Spent a number of hours on it. Very frustrating.

Instead, I ordered an Android "pre-pay" phone for $18. (It's cheap because you spend money on the cell phone plan) only I won't use it as a phone, thus, don't need a plan. Instead, I just want the bluetooth feature and Android operating system. I plugged it in, and the canIon software loaded right up!

Too bad I don't have the car here to test it!

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bennelson For This Useful Post:
Daox (12-12-2015), MPaulHolmes (12-14-2015), thingstodo (12-12-2015)