View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 04:25 PM   #37 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
pics/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumdog View Post
Pasive solar shop eh? Sounds good any pics? I know my greenhouse can be 20 to 25 degrees above outside in the winter . (Lattitude 51ish) . Did i read that right, 14 inches deep? I guess just enough to lie down and get the work done, helps when vehicle is low. Interesting as i am concreting my shop floor this week, and thought about a pit. Dont think i will, but the heated slab should be nice to work on. (Looking at solar evac tubes to heat it)
I'll do ecomodder a big favor by not posting images.Members who've been here will understand.
As the deciduous trees continue to lose their leaves I'll be seeing higher delta-T's between indoor/outdoor and I'm likin' things pretty well as it is.And there's more fenestration coming.
At 14-inches (taller than my car ramps),I could work under the vehicles okay right now,but more depth would be better for my back, which is pretty tore up after decades of construction work.I'm shooting for fully upright sitting,while on an adjustable-back support creeper.
I'll dig some more,pull the truck back in and see what that feels like.
Some Formular rigid foam would be nice under the concrete.
Your greenhouse sounds great!
aardvarcus (12-15-2015), BamZipPow (12-14-2015), rumdog (12-15-2015)