View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 04:56 PM   #552 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadimr4 View Post
Wish I could get a people carrying trailer for my wagon instead of having to upgrade to a van (Town & Country with lousy millage). I know there are issues with that idea from practicality and safety, but a modular car where I can dock to a second unit to become a larger car would be pretty awesome.
The Mazda 5 minivan was very attractive until I realized I couldn't put a stroller behind the 3rd row of seats. Wish they made that 2 feet longer, would have been a great and still relatively efficient people mover. I did consider the hitch carrier but my wife vetoed the idea (would have been nice to make the hitch carrier into a boat tail to add length to the van).
We were seriously planning to buy another very small car next to our I10 and take both on holidays. But my wife could not conquer her dislike of driving on highways so we bought the relatively large Insight instead, to carry all in one.

There was some kind of creativity test where kids were asked to find a solution to move something very heavy. One kid drew two cranes because the load might be too heavy for one.
Kid genius... If one does not fit, use two.
Pity it did not work in our case, but it might in others.

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.