View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 12:27 AM   #2492 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by e*clipse View Post
I think it would be best to have the user input completely software adjustable. This would allow easy adjustment for all throttle and brake behavior. I saw a review of the Lightening motorcycle where they spoke of the "accessable" power of the bike. The torque didn't come on immediately with a tiny twist of the throttle. This would make the bike very difficult to ride. I've also seen non-linear throttle curve parameters on controllers. Again, this will make the power and torque more accessable.
The software-configurable throttle idea was discussed a while back .. I think we agreed to agree. A separate controller that handles the throttle and brake signals, sends info to the controller, and processes data from the controller to drive the brake lights, configure acceleration curves, and regen signals from the throttle or the brake pedal, etc etc. Leave the AC controller to do it's thing with the motor and measure everything it can think of. I don't remember if there was another CPU to drive the dash ... I'll have to read back through the thread.

I think the topic was dropped shortly after that, but I still like it. Parallel development and all that ... but it COULD cause issues with tracking versions that are compatible with each other.