View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 08:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
Zach
EcoModding Lurker

Veloster - '12 Hyunda Veloster Base
Team Hyundai
90 day: 40.66 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
Forty mpg tank average is pretty good in that car. Sounds like you are 33% above EPA combined rating. Also, neat little car. 1.6L naturally aspirated... that's my civic. But you are rated for significantly better EPA highway (35) than my Civic is (33). I didn't know it came without turbo. The six speed gear ratios are not half bad either.

You can get more from it. Proven stuff that can be very stealthy, easy, and cheap are grill blocks (already mentioned) and airdams. (Skip wheel covers if stealth is your goal.)

Do you have an Ultragauge or a ScanGauge?
Thanks! Yeah the six speed DCT isn't half bad, the turbo models range from 2013-current which run at about 200hp stock, mine is 138hp stock. I was thinking that if i did wheel covers in black it might be somewhat stealthy? I am not sure though I would have to experiment with it, the wife is the one who will probably object the most to it

I do not have an Ultragauge or ScanGuage and am not looking to invest that much money for this right now, would a bluetooth OBDII connector with an app be as reliable for my purposes?