View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 10:08 AM   #123 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
Rear Turns relocation

Yesterday, I moved my rear turn signals.

They never were really in there right. When I got the cycle frame, the left turn signal was bent, and the right one was complety off.

I "fixed" the right one with some electrical tape and zip ties, but it was never as good as it should have been. The tab of the frame that it went into was bent as well.

I thought that if I could just have both turn signals stick into some sort of tube, where I could bolt them down, that would make it much nicer.

I also want to add cargo boxes to the cycle, and the turn signals would have gotten in the way of that.

I had a piece of scrap aluminum tube around. Didn't even cut it, close enough to the right size already. I drilled a hole in the side of it to run wiring through, and then drilled two holes with a #7 bit and tapped it with 1/4-20 threads, so I could run bolts through as big set-screws to pin the turn signals down - keep them from sliding or rotating in place. The 1/4-20 bolts I have are a little too long, but at least I didn't need an unneccesary ride to the hardware store!

I think the turn signals are much more visible now. When I flip the seat up, it exactly clears the left turn signal, and I haven't hit the turn signal bracket yet while throwing my leg over getting on or off the bike.

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos