View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 09:49 AM   #240 (permalink)
werefree
EcoModding Lurker

ucaps are here

Got them last night along with a very tiny BMS board for the battery. I quickly grabbed one cap and went to the garage to charge it. The voltage from shipping was 0.02V. I changed it to .5V at .01A for a few minutes....a bunch of few minutes. then I tried other battery types from my changer and the setting that seemed to work was NMH at 5A. I charged it to 2.7 V and then tried a breaklight bulb from my car... you know two fillaments, one burns out, the other still good so you keep the bulb like a packrat because one day you might want to use it. I tried a 3.8V charged battery first and to my surprise it actually did light up. I mean its a 12V light, you don't expect 3.8V to do anything. Then I tried the cap and I got a glow too! And it did not die out quickly (So it must not be fake). The Bulb says 8W so it was less than 1 amp for 10 seconds. Next I will assemble 12 in series, charge them all and try to start my truck. Then i will double up and if that does not do the job, I will finally also add the battery pack. Crossing fingers here...