View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 07:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
The first example is the history of New York City, not the USA. Took a lot longer out in the boonies. Will add comments shortly.

Disruptive? Why not Rapid Evolution. Saw a news feature about a gal riding her horse to work, but I don't mind missing the poop.

Best IC engine is 56% efficient. Best EV is no more than 85% BEFORE IT ROTATES A WHEEL ONE REVOLUTION. NO EV is 280% efficient.

We are no where near as good as we can built IC engined cars.
Average efficiency could be doubled in a decade.

$5 in fuel gets me close to 170 miles. 16 times that far on $80, coast to coast?

6:47 I'll take a break BBL.
It gets booring when all the "facts" aren't facts at all.

No mention of the depreciation. I could live well off only the depreciation of a single Tesla.

Cheap maintenance, Christ, toss my maintenance into the depreciation black hole

7:52 All your 10x are lies that will become obvious. No maintenance? shocks, tires, batteries. Buy a pack for your Tesla when it sits long enough to be a brick, oops no warranty for abuse.

Now I have heard it all. Your $100,000 electric car has more power than any gas engine model, AND THE MOTOR NEVER WEARS OUT.

It's exactly the same sales tactic buyers are subjected to as stupidium.

10:42. Get your facts straight or it's propaganda.

I DON'T WANT MORE POWER. YOU JUST TRY TO CONVINCE ME THAT IS WHAT I WANT, but when you tell me it costs $100k I want neither YOUR solution OR a Porsche Carrera. I'll take my Mirage and $87,000 in the bank, thank you,which is what I have. MY 87k is not blowing away at 2k a month depreciation.

Extreme Example Rationalization.

11:25

regards
mech

Last edited by user removed; 02-02-2016 at 08:25 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
Xist (02-02-2016)