View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 01:14 AM   #35 (permalink)
Daschicken
EcoModding flying lizard

Cibbie - '88 Honda CBR 250R
Motorcycle
90 day: 48.49 mpg (US)

Rarity - '06 Honda Accord EX V6
Team Honda
90 day: 29.88 mpg (US)

Baby viff - '86 Honda VFR 400R
Motorcycle
90 day: 42.15 mpg (US)

Latios - '08 Suzuki SV650SF
Motorcycle
90 day: 64.56 mpg (US)

Mazda 3 - '14 Mazda 3 i Sport
90 day: 43.25 mpg (US)
Tuft tested the accord yesterday, filmed with camera car and passenger after camera car footage was a letdown. Will edit out personal information when I get back home, and will post link here after.

Tested areas: Hood, windshield, front bumper before wheel, all along side of car, mirrow and areas after, rear glass, rear of car, and THE MUFFLER TIP.

The hood was actually awesome, flow stayed nice and straight without much turbulence (laminar?).
I put tufts right behind the wipers and further up the windshield. Tufts at wipers did not move, tufts further up were turbulent.
Front bumper looked good, air after wheel was turbulent. It didn't seem like air was coming up from underneath the car, so that is good.
The mirror caused some nasty turbulence, and it looked like it got worse when I folded it in. Drivers side folds in less than passenger side (untested airflow)
Air towards the rear quarter panel seemed to be going UP towards the roof. The rear glass was turbulent on the sides, and it separated in the middle ;(. I'll have to look over the footage to see if it reconnected nicely on the trunk. There is a less than optimally shaped antennae hump right before the rear glass in the middle, maybe it is causing the separation. Rear bumper did not get good footage so I don't know what was going on there, but there did seem to be attached flow on my wheel boattails. Yay!

Best trip in V6: 52.0
Best tank in V6: 46.0
Best tank in Mazda: 49.9
Best tank in CBR: 61.3
Best tank in SV: 83.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
You can lead a fashion-conscious horse to unusual-looking water...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daschicken For This Useful Post:
deejaaa (02-09-2016), Joggernot (02-09-2016)