View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 12:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
stealth
EcoModding Lurker

Stealth II - '16 Stealth Racing Stealth II
90 day: 2117.65 mpg (US)

This one is a front wheels in, rear wheels out. Main idea was to taper the rear completely so it's a smooth flow. However there is additional drag from the exposed wheel fairings. This has 100mm of ground clearance which is maximum.

This one has what I call a "channel" underneath the car, as the wheels have to have fairing, I just used the whole side of the car as a fairing which massively reduce the air spilling underneath. The top of the channel is 100mm off the ground but the side parts are only 30mm off the ground. However the question I was using this thread for was how does the ground clearance affect the flow underneath, does it stall it and cause chaos. This design depends on that alot. This has been producing the similar drag levels to the first one despite having more frontal area.

Another one, high off the ground, all wheels in. As the air go through the wheels underneath the car, it tends to expand and cause more turbulence behind the car, but this has the minimal frontal area.