View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 08:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
elhigh
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 29.5 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 49.62 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei_ierdnA View Post

What do you mean there...through Deals gap just about burnt the clutch doing that?
I'm on my first manual transmission car (since Oct 2015) and I am worried I might have done some damage to the clutch while learning.
Deals Gap is a passage through part of the Appalachian range here in East Tennessee, the road through is incredibly curvy, experiences many elevation changes and is the site of seemingly endless motorcycle wrecks whenever there's nice weather. It is a serious workout for any car, and if you don't have a lot of torque under the hood you will be shifting a LOT to keep the power going.

It is a storied road, even internationally, known as The Tail of the Dragon. The Dragon eats clutches.

http://tailofthedragon.com/

Spirited motoring enthusiasts come from all over the world to ride the Dragon, usually to their regret when they discover that the speed limits on the Dragon are generally modest and it is vigorously patrolled by (usually frustrated) local law enforcement. That doesn't prevent people laying the hammer down, however, and occasionally getting in deeper than they can handle.

Lead or follow. Either is fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to elhigh For This Useful Post:
Andrei_ierdnA (03-04-2016)