View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 11:14 PM   #97 (permalink)
Bill the Engineer
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashnzuk View Post
Is the firebird body going to fit down on the chassis further than the images already posted of the body and frame mated? Having that large rocker hanging down and the huge wheel well gaps above the tires is going to make it look like an amusement park ride. Very interested to see the final product.
Travis..
I will get the body as far down as I can, but the rocker panels from the Prius V need to remain for chassis strength, and there needs to be enough of the Firebird's rocker panel left to weld to it. The combined welded rocker panels will be covered over by tilting the lower portion of the body panels of the Firebird outward similar to an aero package on other cars, and by lowering springs once I know the final ride height when everything is reassembled.

Remember that the Firebird body is an empty shell at the moment until all of the welding is done. The interior and convertible top will bring the ride height down some, and I expect the Firebird front bumper to bring the nose down a little more. The final ride height will look more aggressive than in the current photos, but still keep the overall appearance of the original car.

Bill the Engineer.