View Single Post
Old 03-27-2016, 08:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
elhigh
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 29.5 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 49.62 mpg (US)
Dude,

S Keith is the man. He walked me - very patiently I might add, we won't get into how lousy I am at following directions the first time - through the process of doing a deep discharge/grid charge on my car, and it turned off my IMA light which had been on for about a year at that time.

I know it's kind of an obvious consideration but here it is: you're sure you got all the packs in facing the right directions, right?

Get all the temp sensors hooked back up correctly?

Since the system is still providing regen and autostop, it isn't completely bollixed. Definitely pull the codes and find out what the computer is complaining about.

Be sure you aren't leaving your grid charger connected to your IMA pigtail when you're just driving it around. I think that contributed to my persistent light problem.

Be sure all your engine grounds are secure. That was a source of difficulty for me, too, when I did an EGR cleaning.

NOTE to S Keith - if you're ever in E TN, I owe you a beer. That light is still off. I haven't had to repeat the DD/GC process yet, even though you recommended considering doing it at every oil change.

Lead or follow. Either is fine.

Last edited by elhigh; 03-27-2016 at 08:17 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to elhigh For This Useful Post:
jscott (03-27-2016)