View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 06:44 PM   #162 (permalink)
changzuki
Changfa diesel + Suzuki

Centurion - '74 FIAT X1/9 Centurion Full Race DNA
Last 3: 143.5 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenHornet View Post
I decided to go out into the garage this morning and peak around a little at the splendid mess of parts I have going on currently. I wanted to post some picks of a few of the parts so you can get an idea of the gold mine I stumbled onto by dumb luck.

One of the parts that immediately stuck out at me was the transmission and bell housing. It was pretty darn shiny as a unit and I thought no it could not be an Aluminum bell housing but I figured why not I might as well pull out my magnet and just check it anyways. Sure enough it was Aluminum and I about fell over in complete utter disbelief I new I had hit the jackpot with this haul but this just keeps getting better and better by the box. Even the front disc brakes are shiny without even wiping off the dust. I will up date more pics later after I sit down and rest my head for a little bit I am still in shock.

Added some new pics. The engine is very clean and has quite a few new parts already installed on it. The valve cover could use a new paint job. The block has been recently painted. I found a new aluminum intake manifold, what appears to be dual rebuilt Stromberg carbs with new tune kits. new front disc brake calipers, new donuts for the rear rotoflex suspension, and some aluminum wheel adapters which will not work with the Centurion.

All of these misc parts came out of the first box I went through this morning. In that box there were also a bunch of new gaskets and poly bushings for mounting various parts like the rear differential which will work for the Centurion. Not bad for the first of many boxes to pick through.
Nice score indeed, especially on that aluminum bellhousing!! Looking forward to your continued Centurion innovative ideas and the actual build. If you still have any available garage space, then you have room for more inventory - lol!!!
-
~CrazyJerry
The Following User Says Thank You to changzuki For This Useful Post:
GreenHornet (04-03-2016)