View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 10:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
Ecky
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 40.51 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,515 Times in 1,555 Posts
It certainly wouldn't hurt to try grid charging it - a weak IMA battery will cause both IMA and CEL. You might be able to get the IMA light to stay off long enough to get it inspected, at the very least. If the car still has auto stop, you can probably get all of the lights to go off for a while at least, as that indicates the battery isn't completely toast.

You can build a charger in an afternoon, or someone could loan you one. You can find diagrams and parts lists in my build thread, if you'd like to model it after mine.

Maint light is the oil change interval indicator. It blinks after 6500 miles, and stays on solid at 7500. You can reset to 0 like so:
1) Starting with the key in "2", use the FCD button (left of the steering wheel) to switch out of "segment" and into lifetime/trip A/trip B (any will work)
2) Turn the key to "0"
3) Begin holding the "trip" button
4) Turn the key to the "2" position, and continue holding "trip" until the maint light goes off (around 15-20 seconds)

The buttons on the cluster are known to get flakey after a while, due to oxidation on the contacts. I replaced mine, but it's also possible to open it up and clean them. I'd try cycling through the "trips" to see if the button is working properly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ecky For This Useful Post:
BamZipPow (04-07-2016)