View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 08:26 PM   #29 (permalink)
metromizer
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by crexcrex View Post
Sounds like i am on some race car site... is this an ecomodder site or have i inhaled some mind altering fuel additve Acetone?.
Inhaling nitro... you should try it sometime. or not.

Seriously though, if you mean <you> don't understand or don't care about such things, then ok, valid point. If you mean the post is irrelevant, perhaps within the narrow context of using less fuel in your daily commuter, I'll just say I took it as tongue-in-cheek fun, those machines get gallons-per-mile mpg after all.

Quote:
Ecomodding or racing site.............as far as i am concerned i am not trying to save gas for guys trying to prove how macho they are by running around a track...
You're just uninformed. I'm admittedly an ecomodder beginner, but have come to understand it takes the same personality type for both pursuits.

Be it dreaming up fender skirts and airdams from once election sign corroplast and pulse-n-glige techniques, or making an engine and drive train more power efficient to beat the other guy down the quarter mile. Do we really need a space shuttle and station? I dunno, but some pretty neat spin-off technology has resulted from Apollo and later programs (gotta cordless drill?)

Come on now, be honest, you can't tell me you wouldn't like bragging rights that point to your better-than-most inginuity that resulted in 20% better than EPA estimated mpg. Seriously. It's human nature, bragging rights is a cool side benefit that drive egos and keep great men <women too> up late at night solving difficult problems.

Quote:
The info imparted does little to enlighten those interested in saving gas.
To that end, you actually WANT/NEED people from diverse backgrounds working toward similar goals <participating in forum discussions>. I see this time and time again in highly sucessful teams. So what if it isn't always a direct link? A budist monk could probably help us all get a couple more mpg through some relaxation-driving techniques It doesn't mean I want to go out and join his religion.

Cool thread ---Tom