View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 07:58 PM   #568 (permalink)
changzuki
Changfa diesel + Suzuki

Centurion - '74 FIAT X1/9 Centurion Full Race DNA
Last 3: 143.5 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhigh View Post
In a car that already weighs less than virtually every other car on the road, you somehow managed to pull out another 70 pounds.

Dang.

And you only whistled up 205 mpg? You're trying to give the other guys a chance, aren't you?
elhigh,
There was a couple of reasons why Centurion didn't pull a record on the track this year. I don't want to get too ahead of the story but during the final fill up, I did not heed Redneck's advice he gave me during the first fill up. In retrospect, I'm sure that was a major contributing factor for the 204 mpg figure. On a positive note, the overall outcome of the event was unaffected by this..
-
Both the trip to Watkins Glen and the return trip home were the best to date as far as fuel economy goes. I know this may seem ridiculous, but on the interstate where it's fairly flat and easy going, the little Kubota isn't straining - it just purrs right along. It's not perfect but everything is working very well together. No failures of any kind and didn't even bring a jack or a spare.
-
~CrazyJerry
The Following User Says Thank You to changzuki For This Useful Post:
UltArc (04-20-2016)