View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 08:25 PM   #569 (permalink)
changzuki
Changfa diesel + Suzuki

Centurion - '74 FIAT X1/9 Centurion Full Race DNA
Last 3: 143.5 mpg (US)
It's Intermission Time...
Since we are still waiting for track photos to surface, I've found a couple that were taken after the event..
-
Before this year's Green Grand Prix, I received an email from rustygirl, who appeared in last year's GGP driving the Red Kubota powered MG Midget with Pamela Hirschhorn as the navigator. Finnie (rustygirl) sent me an "Indiesel-proposal". This was a very simple and straightforward offer:
- I'll let you drive my car,
- If you let me drive yours.
Initially I almost had a heart attack. But as I began to imagine myself driving another Kubota powered car I realized what a golden opportunity this was - possibly once-in-a-lifetime... So that night, the Grinch's heart grew several sizes bigger than it normally was and I said "Yes!!!"..
-

-
-
Being two very different builds. My experience with the MG was that rustygirl did a wonderful job with the conversion - both under the hood and in the cabin. Bridget is a very viable Kubota powered classic car! The smile factor begins when the 3 cylinder turbo diesel comes to life and the distinctive clack-clack-clack of the diesel let's you know something's going on up front.
-

-
(Photos by Pamela Hirschhorn over at NortheastWheelsEvents.com - Car Show Calendar)
-
Thanks rustygirl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
~CrazyJerry
P.S. There's a really short video Pamela put together here:
Bridgets Big Adventure to the 2016 Toyota Green Grand Prix - NortheastWheelsEvents.com - Car Show Calendar

Last edited by changzuki; 08-03-2018 at 10:16 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to changzuki For This Useful Post:
HHOTDI (08-04-2016), skyking (04-22-2016), UltArc (04-20-2016)