View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 12:48 PM   #53 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
formless

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
I'm for formless construction.

I'll use playing cards as an example. Take a stack of cards and cut slits in the corners. Lay them out contiguously in the shape desired. Tighten them up, lapping the edges and pinwheeling the corners. Your shape may dictate some cards lap more or less than others.

A rough male form like an eggcrate is sufficient, but if the edges are calculated with sufficient accuracy then it can all be done with math. Else the lower form could stay in place, but the upper one would need to be hollowed out. How high on the body will the split be?

I'm thinking about offering up all my illiquid capital to help a niece with her legal woes. Maybe I can take a bus to Utah and spectate.
I'm afraid that the stress of trying to learn a new technique like that would probably push me over the edge of sanity.I walk a fine line as it is.
The laser stereolithography would do this,but I don't think that I qualify as a candidate.
Adam Smith said to build it at home unless outsourcing was cheaper.That would be in the tens of thousands of dollars,so it looks like more home brew for me.
If you can make it out to Ogden,dinner's on me.Gary found a local Mexican joint that,while not the Salt Flats Cafe,does have a pretty tasty dish!
Also,you might think of some things to test for at the tunnel that my pea brain evades.
Three heads are better than one!
BamZipPow (05-08-2016)