View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 08:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
darcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
You're in (west of the Cascades) Oregon? You formerly had moss growing where you want a lawn? Just why the heck do you think you even NEED to water?
Not from around here, eh?

Pacific NW is surprisingly hard to grow a decent lawn... Weeds and moss are rampant, and in July and August the grass gets baked to a crisp.

I'm putting my house up for sale soon so I'm going through the same steps as Redpoint5. Moss is mostly gone, reseeded the lawn. Still lots of weeds though. My house has an automatic lawn sprinkler system.... that doesn't work anymore. I've been having endless electrical problems with the wiring to the valves and the controller itself.

My new house doesn't have a sprinkler system, so I've been looking into this too. I was thinking about building a simple PVC/sprinkler that just hooks up to a faucet, but will probably just get one of these kits:
Rain Bird 32ETI Easy To Install Automatic Sprinkler System
Either way, that would eliminate the wiring headache I'm currently having and be considerably cheaper.

I would think most houses could manage four popups on a single line. But, how many sprinklers depends on the available pressure and water flow at your house.

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods