View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 11:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Nice idea, OP. I like the write-up too. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Charlie View Post
Yeah, I can't wait until mine's done. My UG comes fully back up less than 5% of the time for EOC.
Depending on how you set it up, you might want to check the setting for the UG itself. For a longtime, my UG cut out for several seconds much of the time when I cut the injectors. Then I learned here about a settings change to how often it attempts a restart or something (search the forum). Fixed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky899 View Post
... Im going to do this mod to my car but iv read that it may be best to do it from the fused that controls the injectors to cut them off.

Am i right in thinking that i will need an Normally Open switch? So when i press it, it makes contact and allow current to flow? ...
I don't know what you are driving, but on my old Civic, I cut into the ground wire for the fuel injector relay. Cuts the injectors off immediately. My toggle is normally closed, switching to off is to open the circuit. I have used it for maybe four or five years without trouble (though I have worn out one switch and broken wires).
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.