View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 11:18 AM   #17 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marky899 View Post
Im planning on doing this EOC mod within this next week. Just waiting for parts to arrive.

Im planning on dirupting the Crankcase sensor signal to cut the engine as it seems to be the simplest and best way for me to achieve what i want.

I have a question regarding wiring though. Im wanting to add a toggle switch inline with the momentary closed switch, so that when the toggle switch is in the off position the momentary switch will not be able to interupt the sensor singal. Im not 100% sure how to go about doing this because if its in line with the momantary switch and the toggle switch is off, then the signal will also be interupted this way, and thats not what i want. I want to be able to just make the momentary switch active or deactive.

thanks
It might be simplest, but consider that the car's OEM switch probably cuts fueling at the injectors and the pump as the primary difference between "run" and "on." If you cut just the crank case signal, the car will probably run-on a little until it cuts fuel. Doesn't that mean fuel getting pumped into an engine not running very well anymore? Won't that mean possibly fouled plugs, and maybe a pligged CAT? Better to stop the injectors on a dime, by cutting their power, no?
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.