View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 08:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Novaz_nz
EcoModding Lurker

Novaz_M35 - '02 Nissan Stagea 250 RX
90 day: 21.7 mpg (US)
Novaz Nissan Laurel aero-build thread

Hi all,
I'm very interested in eco-modding for my daily drive (and the race car to some extent), and thought I'd start a thread to keep track of what changes I've made, to get advice and feedback, and to show what can (hopefully) be achieved with a typical 3-box sedan.

Brief blurb about me: I'm 26, have been into cars for as long as I can remember, and love to tinker. I am a mechanical design engineer by trade and drive Solidworks usually, at the moment I manage a rapid prototyping company Objective Design Ltd - Product Evolution which is very cool.
At some stage I will start modeling the Laurel and see about getting it into Cosmos in a virtual wind tunnel.

The beast! A C34 chassis Nissan Laurel. (picture from Wiki)

Nissan's nearly top-of-the-line luxury barge back in the day. This one is the facelift model with a slightly smoother front end. Powered by a 2.8 litre (172cid) L6, non-EFi, non-turbo diesel.

Mine differs from the above thusly: I have steel wheels, I am missing the front mud-flaps, and I have a rubber door protector strip running the length of the doors just under the swage line. Also, I probably have more dents, and the front undertray is missing.

Still, one has to start somewhere!