View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 08:12 AM   #60 (permalink)
KFM
EcoModding Lurker

Terminator - '00 Honda Insight Base
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 72.78 mpg (US)

High Voltage - '12 Chevrolet Volt
Team Volt
90 day: 108.44 mpg (US)
First of all, congratulations, Daox. I remembered seeing you had gotten one of these last time I was on, but I was just checking before work and didn't have time to shoot you a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalya View Post
Yeah that's the change drawer. Find a junkyard Insight and grab one off it. Do you know what those buttons do? I bet one is no-assist and the other is full-regen or forced auto stop.
Yep, that's exactly what they are. The one on the left is for assist, the one on the right was my regen switch, which I took the button cap off of because it was getting stuck at the time with it on.

My dad got me a shift knob from Daox and I wired the regen switch to the shifter and replaced the panel, which was pricier than I expected. I think I got the larger center panel and two of the smaller panels for $16.

Speaking of which, Daox, my regen switch has been sticking on my shift knob, could you send me the part number of the switch, so that I can replace it?

The new change drawer is a big upgrade. I remember even just changing out that switch blank after rewiring my switch made it look a ton better. I usually keep an auxiliary cable and change in it. One day I found out I have about $5.00 worth of change in it, and I don't even use cash regularly.