View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 12:27 PM   #65 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleMelanesian View Post
I'm here. Just quiet.
Good. I went quiet recently too, just not as quiet. I'm doing a lot of maintain and mod work on my Civic this month. Will update soon.

Quote:
My belly pan got saggy and had to come off until I have time for a better design.
I was never able to complete mine because I have never been able to solve a persistent oil leak. Just changed the front main seal as part of this month's list. I hope that solves it. Then maybe I will complete the underbody mods. My hesitation is that part of my partially installed underbody structure began to fail, without weight on them yet. Gave me a yikesmoment when I discovered it. No harm done. I look over the car frequently for signs of trouble. Caught it early.

Quote:
I moved and my new commute is more challenging for mpg. More busy 2-lane roads so I'm faster and holding speed more on those stretches. It's shorter though, at about 5 miles each way, so overall gas usage is down.
That is great right? Not just gas but wear on car and time saved. My e-bike has shaved over 2100 miles off my car in the last year. If my daughter could get herself to school, I'd use the car even less... but I'd miss the one-on-one time too.

Quote:
And I didn't realize my mileage log was out of date. Fixed now.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.