View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 11:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
I think that's the way it works. I believe it was either Larry's or Carlos (picka picka) idea. I just stole it Like to see your results. I got about 5% out of it.
Just after that post last night, I went out and followed the instructions as indicated. No luck. Even at normal operating temp, revved up to 1000 RPM, pulled the IACV, and ka-put.

The ECU is just too involved in the process and is debilitated without it. The next try is to wire it to a switch in the cabin, to have more control over it. I still have that toggle installed from the cylinder deactivation experiment 2 years ago

The lowest I could get the engine to turn was 400 RPM. Does anyone know if this is too low to pump vital fluids (tranny, oil, etc.)??? I can coast-down in top gear in "D" and it just gently dies after 400 R's, or if I downshift to 3rd, it comes back alive (same with feathering of the throttle). Maybe the switch will allow some more creative control over the process.

Side note: it seems to idle fine at 400-500 RPM -- could this be a fuel saver? I tried the A/C and maxed-out the electrical load and it was fine -- no stalls.

RH77

P.S. Thanks for moving the thread -- clogging up the EBH info, off-topic and all

_
_