View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 03:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasoline Fumes View Post
... An easy test that works with a manual might work with an auto too. Manually shift into 1st gear and accelerate from a stop up to 3000 RPM. Take your foot off the gas and you should feel the injectors come back on around 1000-1500 RPM. My car will buck a little when this happens. ...
Another way to test for DFCO capability would be with a ScanGauge or UltraGauge (or a mechanics' scan tool). With any of these you car read the O2 sensors output (and often the short term fuel trim too) That data will show you when/if the injectors get cut off.

EDIT: My point partly is that if you don't "feel" DFCO it does not mean it does not exist. Sometimes I don't feel the shift, and I have felt it hundreds of times, yet my scan gauge will show the shift to DFCO happening nonetheless.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Last edited by California98Civic; 07-03-2016 at 03:43 PM..