Thread: Best oil ever
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 04:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
locomonkeyboricua
EcoModding Lurker

Wow I poked a hole in a bee hive. My back ground is a technician since 2004 working on cars and now I work as a fleet technician on one of the most abused fleet in america. My hobby is racing my turbo miata and I am very particular about what oils and fluids I use to keep this thing in top shape. I was at one point only using royal purple oils and other high end oils but after much research and talking with other racers and again research online and knowing pros that have had oil tested after sever track seasons abuse it seems for the price there is nothing better.. this oil may be overkill on my little vx but I figure if it can withstand track abuse then it's going in my daily. I could care less about what you put in your engine just sharing my thoughts with this forum and hope it will help others. I live in the south and I know up north the 0-20w will be best for severe winters. I know people here trying to squeeze every bit of mpg to save money and I know a good oil will keep that engine happy for many miles and that's my plan, drive this 93vx till 1 million miles non of the new cars come close to vx mpg and cost of ownership and as a technician that's why I own 2. The other is my wife 96 odyssey van and the miata turbo. All get the same oil. Everyone has a opinion on what oil they use or love, mine is the shell rottela t6.