View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 12:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
19bonestock88
Master EcoModder

IGL - '04 Saturn Ion
Team Saturn
90 day: 56.19 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrews View Post
I would curve the trialing edge up to the fender, gently.

Also, I experienced a vibrating at higher speeds and had to run a thin piece of metal along the bottom edge.
THe material we use is just too flimsy NOT to vibrate.
take alook at my skirts.....
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ast-16970.html

see post #37 to see the metal bar I installed.
Before embarking on my project, I read both your entire skirt thread, and MetroMPG's, and as a result, I've used a "carpet bar" on both sides as a reinforcement... I should have gotten a pic before I fixed the skirt... For now, I just taped the trailing edge of the skirt firmly to the bumper cover with plastic strapping tape... I have since bought more nylon rivets, so another solution is in development...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Go around signage shops and see if you can get a partial (or used!) sheet of PolyMetal. The piece I got was 2x3ft or so for $20-25.

It's a stiff as 5/8" plywood. Follow the horizontal cut line for the bumper on top and box out the bottom like on that Miata. aerohead's example terminates in an angled skeg. That could in turn be an outer fence on a diffuser.
I haven't found any PolyMetal or AlumaCorr anywhere near me locally; in fact, I haven't even found full sheets of coroplast yet... Not many sign shops here in WV, given that I don't live near a major metropolitan area... However, on Wednesday, I'll be in Charleston most of the day; maybe I'll drive around and find something...

My last Ecotec project...
The Following User Says Thank You to 19bonestock88 For This Useful Post:
mcrews (07-12-2016)