Am getting ready for my semi-annual "DTD" (drive to Dallas) from Sacramento CA. It's about 1700 miles.
The Infiniti Q45 Sport w/ full IMPUL body kit is a joy to drive and with some help from Ecomodder, gets decent mpg. currently 230,000miles on it.
To recapthe following mods have been preformed w/ ecomodding/mpg in mind:
1. Impul Body Kit is 2 inches lower than factory. (reduced drag) Car is on stock suspension
2. 255/45/18 Kuhmos (not 245/45/18) on factory rims (decrease rpms at hgwy speed it increase mpg)
EDIT Now running 245/5018 (27.7 in diameter) tallest tire that fits
3. Nitro instead of air. 44 psi(no fluctuation when road gets hot or cold) increases mpg)
4. Front Grill blocked from back side with clear lexan
5. front underpan sealed to midengine.
6. rear underpan sealed from rear axle
7. Factory rear and rear-side window shades.
8. additonal rear and side tints over factory
8a. blackout tint on sunroof
8b. tinted window visors
9. factory MPG screen
10. Scangauge & Garmin Nuvi
11.Highly focused 'nut behind the wheel'
12. last edition: REAR SKIRTS - CLEAR, Polycorbonate Rear skirts
New larger rear shirts see page 513. Lowered front end 1.25 inches.
14. 2" rubber garage door trim on front lip
I will post how I made them after I get to Dallas
My goal is 30 mpg on the one way to Dallas.
epa is 22 mpg hwy