View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 03:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
Congratulations. That looks like a nice example. Is the paint as good inside the cab? Too nice for a real eco-mobile:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2014/03/2014-detroit-autorama-al-grooms-amazing-and-original-bassackwards-midengine-1950-ford-f-1-pickup/

I like old flatheads; they're so pretty with aluminum heads and red paint details. I vote keep the motor and swap in a better transmission. I think that's the Ford top-loader with a Jeep shifter plate. I don't know how you get to 5 or 6 speeds; does it have the torque tube driveline?

When I did these to promote specific aerodynamic features, the only pickup I had as an .obj file was the F-1:

The top one is an aerocap. It could be done with top bows and canvas. The top bows could run fore-and-aft. The canvas could be basalt fabric — it's fireproof and knife-proof.

The second one has a half-tonneau, which is almost as effective as a full aerocap. In addition there are Coanda nozzle standpipes (slots at 105° and top caps) and a fold out single-wheel trailer. I sort of threw the kitchen sink at that one.
The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
oldtamiyaphile (07-13-2016)