View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 09:33 PM   #22 (permalink)
ChazInMT
Aero Deshi

MagMetalCivic - '04 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Last 3: 34.25 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
They call the H+ a proton because, by definition, it is. Hydrogen is just a proton and an electron. In an aqueous solution that electron is often lost and the H+ ion is formed.

The H+ ion is called a radical. Other radicals are formed if water is present. Which it is if there is some steam and EGR. That allows the formation of OH- radicals and others such as the famed (in combustion science at least) HOOH radical which was postulated decades ago .

I'll post what's in the Wiki Link I put there earlier.

"The hydron (a completely free or "naked" hydrogen atomic nucleus) is too reactive to occur in many liquids, even though it is sometimes visualized to do so by students of chemistry. A free hydron would react with a molecule of the liquid to form a more complicated cation. Examples are the hydronium ion in water-based acids, and H
2F+ , the unstable cation of fluoroantimonic acid, the strongest superacid. For this reason, in such liquids including liquid acids, hydrons diffuse by contact from one complex cation to another, via the Grotthuss mechanism."

Sooooo, if I'm reading that right, these have nothing to do with what you're doing because of the extreme reactivity of it. When you posted "Proton" earlier this week, that was my immediate thought, you were referring to H+ somehow. But I knew this would not factor into anything because it would instantly cling to the nearest electron it could find forming some weird molecule and thus be unavailable to you for use as a sort of chemical accelerant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
These radicals can crash into a carbon chain causing the release of other smaller compounds and more free radicals from the loosed hydrogen. If you look at the Arrhenius rate equation that is used to predict rates of reactions of aqueous solutions ( acid/base reactions) you see a parallel to what is happening in a combustion chamber. The hotter the mix gets, the faster reactions become. If you have certain compounds in the mix, these compounds act as accelerators. Much the same occurs in the engines combustion chamber. It is an INTERACTION.
Explain this "Domino Effect" process of how H2 is going to "Shred" gasoline hydrocarbons when it is at concentration of 1,000:1 causing a vast amount of more free hydrogen or lighter hydrocarbons. The 230CC per minute is assuming it is pure Browns gas which is 66.6% H2 and 33.3% O2, so the 700:1 becomes closer to 1,000:1. Show me where it talks about this reaction on the web somewhere that is NOT an HHO site.

BTW, your bringing added O2 and H2O from your system into the equation are moot since water vapor is present at 2% give er take, and O2 is 23% of the 15,000:1 air that the engine is using. The H2 would be the only added compound which is not already present in the atmosphere.

This seems to me to be the basis of where you're efficiency lies, so it should be reasonable to ask where this information comes from.

Also, there are 6 Red highlighted sections in the post I made earlier that I am seeking clarification on. You claim these are not pseudo-scientific but you have not addressed these. I posted earlier today that it is difficult to have a logical conversation with you because you do not answer questions. I am saying those 6 Red passages are not quantified in anyway and are very confusing to someone who is trying to understand this. Are you going to address these points further? Or just prove my point that you do not answer questions when asked? Or somehow get exasperated with me and continue to attack me thus again avoiding the answers and further digging the chasm you have created by you're unwillingness to discuss things civilly?