View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 12:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlost View Post
I am currently in search of a motor and manual transmission that will be a direct fit to the factory Dx mounts. Does anyone on this site have any information on what will/ wont work. Was considering a V-tec but finding and wiring a V-tec Ecu to the Dx harness might be difficult.
You would need to adapt the harness to accommodate the VX hardware, such as its O2 sensor. Even then, your shorter gearing on your DX would complicate for accomplishing the lean burn that is the holy grail of VX/HX trims for ecomodders. It could turn out to feel like a pretty big PITA, especially if you were looking for an easy bolt on.

The 1992-1995 DX, LX, AND Del Sol (not the Si Del Sol) all had D15B7 engines. And the CX had the D15B8. But a CX sourced D15B8 and ECU shouldn't require much or any mods to the harness, and it might have a fuel map that is tuned to sip fuel better than your DX engine originally was. Maybe.

EDIT: I think I have the 1992-1995 Civic factory service manual in PDF form on my computer (I am on my mobile right now). If you need it, PM me an email address and I will send it to you.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Last edited by California98Civic; 08-24-2016 at 12:34 PM..