View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 05:28 PM   #60 (permalink)
LittleBlackDuck
EcoModding Apprentice

CT - '11 Lexus CT200h Luxury
Being fairly new to this forum, I am going to make some interesting observations about a lot of the participants.

This thread focuses on range anxiety and posits that it is not an issue, then the thread morphs into a larger spread on why EVs cost more than their conventional brethren. I am seeing a lot of conspiracy theories ranging from kickbacks to profiteering, and this in the face of hard evidence that battery cost is the prime determinant of EV cost.

Ever heard of the saying "If you hear hoofbeats, don't think of zebras"?

Range anxiety is a real concept! I live 100km from the nearest regional center and drive about 20km each day to and from work. I also drive regularly to the state capital which is a round trip of around 800km. I care about the environment and don't like wasting money or resources. I would buy an EV if the price was reasonable and it could perform adequately on most of my driving requirements. I refuse to spend nearly $200K on a tesla that has dubious reliability (Google tesla milling...) or $40K+ on a Leaf that will not even allow me to do my weekly shopping.

Simon
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LittleBlackDuck For This Useful Post:
Fat Charlie (09-02-2016), redpoint5 (09-02-2016), Xist (09-02-2016)