View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 12:14 AM   #18 (permalink)
LittleBlackDuck
EcoModding Apprentice

CT - '11 Lexus CT200h Luxury
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
Purely from a psychological point of view, it's surely problematical to be so concerned with an ordinary vehicle (that is, not a classic that's presumably appreciating) that you waste time & space on garaging it
So, going by your comment you store all your furniture and other possessions outside too? I value my possessions and take steps to keep them in good condition.

I am interested in your contention that it is problematical to be concerned with preserving the value of an asset. I also value my safety and drive a relatively new vehicle that has a plethora of safety systems to protect myself as well as those that I love. Leaving it outside will decrease its value as well as reducing safety - one example being when you get into a car that has been sitting in the sun and is so hot that you cannot touch the seats or steering wheel without getting burnt.

Because you do not agree with my views, should I contend that because you don't value your cars, that it then follows that you do not value anything else, including the safety of whoever is in your cars? No, because it is illogical and an attempt to enforce my value system upon another person.

Simon