View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 06:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
darcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewhans View Post
Yes, I agree completely that I have the worst version for mpg. AWD 5.3 and 3.73 gears. None of which are helping me out.

I wanted the 5.3 as they make more power and the difference in mpg is not that large at all. The part that really kills it, is the AWD.

I also am keeping 40 to 45 in the tires as well. We have the same size wheels and most likely the same tires as well. 275/55/20

Transmission cooler is in the center, right behind the Chevy emblem. On the drivers side is the powersteering cooler. I have both. I use the Torque App to both monitor all of my temps and to tune my driving. That's why I removed my 75% grill block as the trans temps were becoming to high for my liking on a day to day no load highway driving(175-185°)

The slots in the bumper have a black plastic fillers. There is no airflow through them for mine. The only airflow I would be getting would be through the lower opening. I don't think I will be blocking from the front due to appearances(I really like how it looks lol)

It turns out my ECU does to DFCO. I just haven't been watching at the right times yet. I noticed it the other day. I would like to get the tuner to have it enter DFCO sooner and hold it longer.
At 285hp for the 4.8L vs 295hp for the 5.3L, I was fine with the smaller engine. They are pretty close in performance, with a slight edge in power for the 5.3 and economy for the 4.8. In spite of the high gears, it tows our 4500+ lb travel trailer just fine.

I'm probably mistaken on the cooler then. Neither my old Silverado nor the Tahoe have the other cooler you are referring to behind the emblem and neither have tranny temp sensors. As long as you are monitoring the temps, you should be fine.

From memory, both my Silverado and Tahoe have the slots completely open, with flaps behind it that deflect air towards the radiator. I'll double check on the Tahoe tonight.

I understand not wanting to alter the looks. My wife tolerates it on my Civic but will raise hell if I touch her Tahoe.

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods