View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 03:52 PM   #22 (permalink)
darcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewhans View Post
My gauge cluster does not have a trans temp gauge on it either. I use Torque for that. Both of your vehicles do have trans temp sensors from the factory, the computer will change shift patterns based on temp as you warm up the vehicle. You just need to be able to access them and monitor them.

My vehicle has the tow package as well so I have the trans/powersteering cooler. If yours doesn't have the aux cooler directly behind the emblem your trans cooler is simply part of the radiator, as is standard on these trucks.

The only thing I wanted different on mine is 2WD vs AWD. I would easily be averageing 17.5 to 18.5 per tank instead of struggleing to get 17.5.

Once winter hits and I put my grill block back on and do the belly pan I should be hitting 18 per tank... hopefully.
You've got me second guessing everything I thought I knew about these trucks.

My old Silverado definitely had the bumper slots open, and a coworker's truck ('06) is the same way. Our Tahoe has them covered with thin pieces of plastic. Never noticed that before.

Neither my Silverado nor my Tahoe have factory tow packages and don't have the auxiliary cooler in front of the radiator. I use an UltraGauge to display additional gauges that are not on the OEM dash, and neither displayed tranny temp. I took this to mean the sensor wasn't there...

After looking into it further, tranny temp is not a standardized output through the OBDII port, and because the output is proprietary to GM, my basic UltraGauge can't display it, I would need the programmable variety (UltraGauge MX). You use the Torque app, does it show tranny temp?

Have you figured out how you are going to construct your belly pan?

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods