View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 05:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
There were two VTEC implementations: Economy, and 3-stage. This one is essentially identical to the D15Z1, but obviously a different head code, etc, being JDM. I know it's not anything else because of the mileage I've been able to achieve in the past. Not much on that E variant, though, as the 3-stage went into production not long after — which I should have bought when I found one on eBay (mind you he knew what he had, and the price reflected that).

I guess at the time the previous owner bought it, the Z1 was toast and it ended up being cheaper to get the JDM equivalent. Weird, huh?
Oh, yeah! I have heard of that before, and maybe I remember the car you bought here at EM... this one or a different one?

It is a sweet ride that got a lot of love on this site as I recall:
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post154573

So have you tried replacing the O2 sensor? And have to done compression tests (wet and dry).
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.