View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 01:28 AM   #52 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,069 Times in 1,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwat1234 View Post
Yet is rated for 110MPGe highway. I don't know if that is estimated manufacture or final EPA.
Doesn't sound too bad but could have been better.

Concerned about almost no buffer in battery in order to get the 238 miles range
The aero could have been better but the utility of the vehicle would have been less. I put large items in my car and expect a wagon or hatchback to have a large opening and take bulky cargo. I HATE the trend of ever more rounded hatches (whether they are on wagons, SUVs, or hatchbacks) My 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI had a great cargo area. (My 05 and 09 Prius not so much)

238 miles is way more battery than I need. I have a 2016 Chevy Spark EV rated at 82 miles. It actually goes about 95 miles in my mixed driving. That is enough to take me to work and back twice or take me anywhere in my metro area and home on a single charge. I don't need 200, 250, 300 miles of range. To me that is just extra cost and extra weight to drag around. 150 miles would be more than enough and the car would cost significantly less and be more efficient. Hopefully but the time my lease is up in 3 years the Bolt will be offered with multiple sized battery packs or some other manufacturers will have decided not to play the "who can go the farthest" game.