View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 07:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I did not get good pictures, I have hardly taken any photos of my car, but my sister-in-law hit something and damaged the passenger side of the front bumper. Apparently, she also broke the plastic part that fastens to the fender, and they wired it in place, which did not line up very well. I removed that and put in a nut, bolt, and washer from a set from Walmart, but that was too long, so I bought a shorter one for a quarter from Ace:

I have driven this car far more than I wanted. It was five days before I could get a ride back to get my Civic and then once I had Chorizo back, I turned a corner two blocks from my first client, there was a truck in the middle of the street, I hit the curb, and blew my tire. Curiously, the Civic has a full-sized spare, while the Accord has a donut.

The next day I was driving to see my mom and did not have time to replace the tires, so I drove my Accord, and since it was Labor Day weekend, everyone was fleeing Phoenix; the drive took an hour longer than normal. The return trip took two hours extra!

I got 34.5 MPG over 552.5 miles in a car rated 20/27. I figure I should have gotten 36 without three hours idling.

The car pulled to the right, so I went for an alignment. They called back and said the car did not need an alignment, the two front tires had different tread depth, so they rotated them, and now it pulled to the left.

Who rotates just two tires?

Both tires are 195/65/15s and look pretty new. I think one just has extra tread. They also said a lug nut had been cross-threaded and the stud broke. They said they would replace it for over a hundred dollars. They also said the brakes had been replaced a couple of times, but not the rotors, so those should be changed before they warp. The windshield has a crack right down the center. There are some scratches and rust spots. I do not remember any actual dents, though. The mechanic did not find (or cause) any other problems (that I remember), but he definitely said the wheel stud and the rotors were the only important issues.

Well, it is 4am. I could not sleep and decided to figure out how to replace the stud, but I am sleepy now. Goodnight!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fender--wired.jpg
Views:	1329
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	20551   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fender--bolted.jpg
Views:	1322
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	20552