Thread: 2006 Aveo build
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 08:22 PM   #19 (permalink)
06Aveo43061
Stock MPG 22city/32 hwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bonestock88 View Post
Just read through, nice work so far... I had a Suzuki Forenza, so I've had the Daewoo experience too, lol... I thought that engine bay looked familiar... How did you get the ECU reprogrammed? I couldn't find a tuner for my life when I had that car...

You could very well end up in the top ten here, given enough work...

I think 6" of air dam and side skirt should do fine... You might also consider doing a belly pan, it helped my car a great deal, and mines not even complete... Wheel skirts are also a big gain, but you would cover up your wheels, which look great IMO... Maybe you could use polycarbonate?
My mechanic has a program on his shop computer that allows you to go into the stock settings and adjust for modifications like an exhaust/air intake/ignition change. That's about all I know, as I don't physically do any of the heavy lifting with my car. Basically, more oxygen means less gas to fire. He only slightly modified the original settings. Only change I noticed is a slightly rougher idle in drive quality, lower idle RPM (from 1000 rpm stock, down to around 600 rpm after the mod)

Going to do these side skirts first, then tackle the front end. There's so many spots in the front end to catch air on the Daewoo. This will include the pass. mirror delete, pass wiper delete, antenna delete, as well as the grill block when I do the front air dam. Going to go low as possible with flexible ends on my dam so when I don't make clearance the dam bends slightly, yet stays rigid enough for the aero benefit.

For the wheel skirts, I'm tossing around the idea to get them professionally done, and if I do I'm going to inquire about getting a pan done, as well as the rear aero. I have no idea what's the best method for the underbody rear end.

Thanks for the interest and reply