View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 01:53 AM   #51 (permalink)
MPGeo
EcoModding Apprentice

MPGeo - '93 Geo Metro Base
90 day: 67.51 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by me and my metro View Post
I purchased a economy grind cam and a +10 from 3tech many years ago. I was very happy with the cam and gear, it did exactly as advertised. My car gave the best fuel economy with this setup. It is the best way to replicate an Xfi cam.
Mike has a full time job so he can be slow to respond to e-mail.
I actually wanted to buy one from him. I totally prefer to support my own community whenever possible/feasible, plus less erroneous calculations to have to come up with. We all have to work... and he stated in his site that he would be slow getting back to you, so that's understandable... it's just that I'm at that point now so it would be nice to have.

But I want to start driving this thing so that I can actually measure effects of future mods... So I'm thinking that I'm going to degree my cam, make necessary markings on a spare sprocket (so that I can design something at a more leisurely pace later on) and put it back together with factory timing with one of my other sprockets.

This way it will be done properly, besides, I'm already questioning how this custom cam grind is going to pan out in the first place... The sprocket mod would just add one more variable to eliminate if it turns out to be running poorly once I have her running...

And now that I think about what I just wrote... I'm actually going to just take the custom cam completely out of the equation and go back with the factory grind now that it's easier to do, and that way I can actually have a baseline to compare against this specific cam grind, or any future cam / sprockets or engine mods.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MPGeo For This Useful Post:
bespurcell (09-19-2016), Ecky (09-18-2016)