View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 07:14 PM   #76 (permalink)
Daschicken
EcoModding flying lizard

Cibbie - '88 Honda CBR 250R
Motorcycle
90 day: 48.49 mpg (US)

Rarity - '06 Honda Accord EX V6
Team Honda
90 day: 29.88 mpg (US)

Baby viff - '86 Honda VFR 400R
Motorcycle
90 day: 42.15 mpg (US)

Latios - '08 Suzuki SV650SF
Motorcycle
90 day: 64.56 mpg (US)

Mazda 3 - '14 Mazda 3 i Sport
90 day: 43.25 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serialk11r View Post
Wait, what the heck, you still have the power steering pump and your mpg is that high?
Yes, I still have my power steering pump, and yes my mpg is that high .

Quote:
Looks like the J25 belt is a direct fit, I would go for it and loop the lines, you should definitely notice an increase in mpg.
The fact that the J25 has two different pulleys probably means that each belt is thinner, so I doubt it would fit. And then there is the other problem: I can't find ANY information on the J25, since it was only sold in Japan for a few years, and it was the lower spec engine. I just looked up Honda J25 accessory belt and came up with nothing relevant.

Quote:
I've turned the steering wheel on some parked German beasts at the dealer recently, such as a MB S65 AMG, a BMW M4 convertible, etc. and honestly manual steering is not that bad. Loop the lines and it should not be that hard to turn the wheel on your Honda.
I have had the 'pleasure' of driving my brother's miata with the ac/power steering belt removed. It was REALLY HARD to turn, but definitely did not have lines looped. It also had no more than 38 PSI in the tires, so that doesn't help. I may have to just go figure out how long of a belt I need to bypass P/S, loop the lines and see if I can tolerate it. If I can, assuming my parents allow it as well..., I will rip out the pump and put some really short lines on the rack. Weight reduction, bro.

Best trip in V6: 52.0
Best tank in V6: 46.0
Best tank in Mazda: 49.9
Best tank in CBR: 61.3
Best tank in SV: 83.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
You can lead a fashion-conscious horse to unusual-looking water...