View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 06:27 PM   #119 (permalink)
rmay635703
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by seifrob View Post
I think three wheeler is not needed. In Europe
we have these here: AIXAM - Leader in quadricycles in France and in Europe

They are in small motorcycle category, but speed limited to 50 kmph.
They would need to be legalized here, quadracycles are still illegal here, in my area 4 wheeled bikes are also "illegal" by the letter of the law.

As to hers erg I think him and I mostly agree but the difference is timing, I don't think his fears will be realized in the next 10 years for a variety of reasons.

I am of the standpoint that you complain about what's at hand, Neither of these products exist for sale, that is my complaint, I would worry about legal issues when I can buy the product and not before.

Also we have the power to alter laws, even to our own detriment, I have no doubt specific elements of pollution laws, gray market laws, laws against small homes and other elements of law can be changed with a concerted effort by grass roots elements.

If something irritates me enough I will go to the effort to cause greater irritation to the special interest and the government element in control of it such that they reconsider.

I've done it before, sometimes I think people forget their own power but it has to be a very specific change to work. A threat of the correct type (legal) can sometimes dumb found pure stupidity and stop government actions.
Civil disobedience has its place as well but it must be for a very narrow reason and directed toward specific individuals to work.

I say the above because I might sound like a negative nancy , the truth is I am frustrated by the lack of speed and type of changes coming down the pipe.
More irritating still is the fact that I might have to get off my arse and fix it.